Manaslu Update

Last time I posted I was at camp 1. That first trek up went well, and I established a high Camp 1 at 5900m. I also explored and familiarized myself with the ice fall traverse to Camp 2. A forecasted storm had me descend back to BC over the weekend. The intensity of the wet weather seems to be lightening up and this week’s forecast calls for 5 day spell of clearing weather. I’m about to shoulder my pack and head back up to high Camp 1. My goal for this week is to push as high onto the upper mountain as possible. I’d be lying if I said the summit wasn’t on my mind, although with only one night acclimatizing at Camp 1 it’s a long shot.

I’ve included a couple of pics below. The first shot is of Manaslu base camp from above, and the second is one of me climbing through the crevasses on the way up to Camp 1 (photos by Marcin Kin).

Inline image 1

Inline image 2

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s