Everest Camp 2

May 22 8:00am – I moved up to Camp 2 yesterday (25,000 ft.) and planned to keep moving up the mountain to camp 3 this morning. The weather forecast was for moderate to low winds and clearing skies for my summit push tomorrow morning, but that is not the reality I’m facing. Winds are quite fierce amid a heavy fall of snow. I’ve got some time to wait it out this morning, but the winds and weather will need to settle down significantly to allow me to continue up the mountain today.

I had planned to get to camp 3 (27,000 ft.) early this afternoon, and then get an early (1-2 am) start for my summit attempt tomorrow, May 23rd. If the weather does not clear quickly this morning that plan will be history.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s